Why I Write

Wow! I was going through some files, and found this article that I wrote in September 2001 titled, "Why I Write." I can't believe that I wrote this article over fourteen years ago. Time goes by so fast.


Why I Write




I write because it allows me to dig deep into the depths of my soul to examine and express myself, which is very therapeutic. Whether I am creating an essay, nonfiction or fiction writings, I have found that writing has always been instrumental in allowing me to use my “creative juices” to stay emotionally balanced and to motivate and uplift others.

When I am going through the storms of life, writing allows me to release my anger, frustrations and fears, which keeps me centered on the blessing of life and less focused on life’s ups and downs. At the same time, writing allows me to create written recordings of my good times and milestones, which in turn, helps me to always remember that in spite of everything…”weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning (Psalm 30:5 KJV).

Most importantly, receiving feedback from the readers of my book, A Single Woman’s Parenting Journey: Survival Tidbits, makes me feel honored to know that I’ve far exceeded my objective of wanting to write a book to motivate and encourage other single mothers. And, this does my heart proud!

Writing to me is like gasoline to an automobile, without it, I would be immobilized.


© Carla J. Curtis, September 2001

No comments:

Happy Anniversary to Me: Celebrating Twenty Years in the Literary World

  Single mothers struggle with feeling overwhelmed at times with the responsibilities that they must juggle alone. A Single Woman's Pare...