Feeding the Dogs Rib Tips





I enjoyed spending time with family during Christmas. While there I got some much-needed rest, ate entirely too much food, and realized that I was more than ready to put 2016 behind me and welcome 2017 with open arms.

You see, last Wednesday while at my daughter and her husband's house hanging with my 3 grandchildren, 1 of their cousins, and 2 grand-dogs, I found myself feeding the 2 grand-dogs some of the rib tips that my oldest granddaughter and I had just purchased. Yes, I refer to the dogs as grand-dogs because my daughter and family always refer to me as their nana. Since my daughter is stubborn and I don’t have time to sweat the small stuff, I just went along with it. The truth is I am not an animal person - at least I used to not be - and it was just 2 days before when I was hollering at the dogs because they were in my daughter and her husband's bed. They treat the dogs like humans and spoil them rotten. This is a blog post for another day...

While feeding my grand-dogs rib tips, I knew then that I was ready for a new year because obviously, I had a moment of insanity. 
When my daughter came home, all that she could do was shake her head and say "Mom, you should only be giving the dogs the bones and not the rib tips." I responded "They are getting rib tips today." Truthfully, I shouldn't have been eating them anyway but let's not get into that subject right now. Then again, my doctor said that I can treat myself every now and then.

Shortly after we were all eating rib tips and I was sitting on the coach, Cocoa (pit bull) came and sat in between my legs and was just chillin'. All that I could do was shake my head and laugh because I knew Cocoa probably was thinking "Nana was hollering a few days ago at me and Chewy and today she is feeding us rib tips. Perhaps she's losing it."

Well, it is now 2017, and the next time I go home to visit, I am going to buy some more rib tips and share with Cocoa and Chewy. Why? Because I can...and just to get on my daughter and son-in-law's nerves lol.

After reading this blog post, I bet you'll never look at rib tips the same lol! 

By the way, one thing that I will never lose is my sense of humor and neither should you. After all, laughter is therapeutic.


Happy New Year!!

No comments:

Happy Anniversary to Me: Celebrating Twenty Years in the Literary World

  Single mothers struggle with feeling overwhelmed at times with the responsibilities that they must juggle alone. A Single Woman's Pare...