Author Interview



This week’s blog post consists of an author interview. It was exciting interviewing this talented author. Okay, let’s get started…

1.  Can you tell me a little bit about yourself and what started your writing career?

My name is Khristan Renfro Stella, I write sometimes under "Khrys Stella" In 2004, I saw the movie "The Notebook" written by Nicholas Sparks. Because the movie told the tale of a great love story, and how the couple’s relationship declines due to one spouse developing Alzheimer's disease, it scared me, to think that I might have a book deep inside of me and it would be forever lost because of the curveballs that life throws at you.

2.               What specific genres (nonfiction or fiction) do you write in?

I write spiritual and inspirational poetry prose. Non-fiction, is my craft, but I dabble in writing fiction as well. I am working on a book for children, and hope to publish it soon.

3.               What are the names of your books?

Her Blossoming Soul a Spiritual Introspection a Collection of Poetry and Prose is my first book. My second book is The Core of Fire: Passionate Shades of Intimacy.

4.                Were there things incorporated into your writings from your own life?

Yes! Both books examine different spaces of growth in my life, almost like a Shakespearian Tragedy. I have endured much pain as well as being blessed with great family and friends to help me finish the publication of The Core of Fire while in the midst of a divorce.

5.               Tell me something about yourself that your readers may not know?

I was in competitive Natural Bodybuilding for 14 years. I turned Professional in the sport in 1995. Ending my career to start a chapter in motherhood.

6.              What words of advice would you give an aspiring writer?

No matter how long it takes you to write your book -- believe in yourself and be the creator of your own destiny. The dream is only as real as you perceive it to be.

7.               Where can your books be purchased?

My books can be purchased in both e-book and paperback formats. Download the Nook or Kindle App for your smart phone from www.Amazon.com and www.barnesandnoble.com. My books can also be purchased through my publisher Xlibris’ bookstore.

8.              Is there anything else that you would like to share?

That God is the center of my heart. I am a spiritual person and believe that what is meant for you will never ever miss you. 

Khristan, thank you very much for taking time to participate in this interview. You are truly a talented and gifted author and I wish you all the best in your writing career and all of your endeavors.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Khris you are beautiful, inside and out and I love you!

Happy Anniversary to Me: Celebrating Twenty Years in the Literary World

  Single mothers struggle with feeling overwhelmed at times with the responsibilities that they must juggle alone. A Single Woman's Pare...