Celebrating My Birthday While Discovering The Value In The Valley



Today I celebrate my birthday and I am truly thankful to the Lord for allowing me to see this day! When I look over my life, I am TRULY grateful that I am still in the land of living. I’ve had some great, not so great and some horrible days on this journey called life, but through it all, I have learned to trust in God and keep pressin’ on. Yeah, I’ll be honest that over the years, there have been times when I have wanted to move home with my parents and live the rest of my life having them take care of me, while I just lay in the bed watching TV for the rest of my life. If the truth be told, I know that they wouldn't have gone for this plan and probably would have had me committed somewhere – and lately this plan has crossed my mind yet again. Although I’m blessed beyond words can express, I’m also more than ready to move into the next season in my life...

While going through this difficult season, I am always reminded of Iyanla Vanzant’s book that I read over a decade ago, “The Value in the Valley: A Black Woman’s Guide through Life’s Dilemmas.”

Therefore, even while celebrating my birthday today, at this time in my life, what keeps me focused is that I know that God is always with me and I now understand the importance of discovering The Value in the Valley…

Peace!

Carla J. Curtis




No comments:

Happy Anniversary to Me: Celebrating Twenty Years in the Literary World

  Single mothers struggle with feeling overwhelmed at times with the responsibilities that they must juggle alone. A Single Woman's Pare...